On-line Training and Classes
NECAC provides group and individual counseling to prospective homeowners to help them on the path to buying a house.
Home Ownership On-Line Training
North East Community Action Corporation (NECAC) is very pleased to announce that home buyer training can now be completed on-line in English or Spanish. You can proceed at your own pace. The fee of $115.00 for on-line training can be made with a debit card or credit card. Individuals or families on a housing voucher can take the course for a reduced amount.
NECAC will be notified when you have completed the on-line course and a Home Ownership Counselor will contact you to address any additional questions or concerns.
Highlights of the Online Program Include:
- Complete at your own pace
- Animated videos covering all materials
- Easy-to-read content with highlighted keywords
- Quizzes throughout course to ensure understanding
- Instant access to local homeownership counselor
- Home Ownership Certificate
On-line training course Register Now
Home Ownership Classroom Training - Not available at this time due to COVID.
If you prefer a more interactive experience with industry leaders and other future home buyers, you may prefer the traditional classroom setting. The fee for classroom training is $100.00. NECAC will provide your certificate upon completion of the class.
Topics Covered Include:
- Are you Ready to Buy a Home
- Managing your Money
- Understanding Credit
- Getting a Mortgage Loan
- Shopping for a Home
- Keeping your Home & Managing your Finances