Reporting fraud is everyone’s responsibility. Precious resources used to assist with housing subsidies for well-deserving households are not available for some, due to fraudulent behavior. Please report suspected fraud. All reports of fraud will be investigated and kept confidential.
Tenant fraud includes but is not limited to:
- Allowing unauthorized persons to reside in the subsidized unit
- Failing to report all household income
- Renting from a relative without the Housing Authority approval
- Subleasing the subsidized unit
Owner/Landlord fraud includes but is not limited to:
- Accepting Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) for vacant units
- Charging rent payments in excess of the amount stated in the lease
- Posing as the current owner of a property when you are not the owner
Beware of Housing Assistance Scams!
- Never pay money to apply for Section 8
- Never pay money to a Housing Authority Employee
- Never pay money to move up on a waiting list
- Always get a receipt for money that you pay
If you suspect fraud is occurring, please report the matter promptly. All reports are confidential and you can remain anonymous. Please provide as much information as possible about the person/household suspected and the fraudulent activity.
Suspected fraud can be reported by one of the methods listed below.
- Send a fax to: 573-324-6634 Attn: Housing Fraud
- Send a letter to:
- NECAC/Central Housing Office
- Attn: Fraud Alert
- 815 N Bus Hwy 61
- Bowling Green MO 63334