Take a Step Toward Sustainable Home Ownership
North East Community Action Corporation has joined the Next Step® Network! Next Step in alliance with Clayton Homes, the nation’s leading home builder and home manufacturer, has embraced new approaches and innovative designs, emerging as an industry leader with factories across the United States producing ENERGY STAR homes. As a Next Step Network Member, we join nonprofits from across the United States that are advancing the use of factory-built housing as an asset-building strategy for low- to moderate-income Americans. Through our work as a Network Member, we will promote the Next Step System, which consists of the following principles:
- Homebuyers who are prepared and supported through certified homebuyer education programs.
- Quality, ENERGY STAR certified homes on permanent foundations: FHA Title II permanent foundations required for real estate mortgages.
- Life-cycle pricing: costs to maintain home over life of ownership for long-term affordability, including utilities, transparent to the nonprofit and ultimately to the customer.
- Sustainable financing: facilitating mortgages with fair terms that enable families to earn wealth or preserve assets.
- “A Home is a Home” policy commitment advocating that owners of manufactured homes have the same rights as owners of site-built homes.
By integrating the Next Step System into our existing programs, we will provide prepared and supported homebuyers with another affordable, energy-efficient home option to set them on the path toward successful homeownership.
View Floor Plans